Wednesday 17 October 2012

A Virtuous Wife {Proverbs 31:15} ~ Good Morning!


Proverbs 31:15 – "She rises while it is yet night; And provides food for her household, and a portion for her maidservants”.


Usually, I’m not a morning person. I’m not always grumpy when I have to wake up early, but Young Husband does have to wake me up quite a few times before I actually come by. And if I still don’t wake up, he’ll start shaking the blankets so that all the cold air creeps in. Thankfully he’s too funny so I can’t stay grumpy, even if I try.
Anyway, I am working on it and it is getting better. We’ve been married for 5 months, yay! Sometimes for newlyweds it can be hard to get used to living together at first and to get into a good routine. We’ve figured out a morning routine that works quite well for the both of us so far. Every morning we make turns. One of us gets up and makes coffee while the other gets to lie in for a few minutes extra, and then also prays before we leave for the day... Some mornings though, I manage to convince him to make coffee when it’s my turn. He shakes the blankets. He makes the coffee on my day. We’re even.




Proverbs 31:15 speaks about a virtuous wife that wakes up early. This isn’t always easy, but there are many good reasons to wake up early in the morning, provided you go to bed earlier. Enough sleep is very important. Rising early will get you up and ready for the day.





It will allow you more time do get things done during the day, so you will have more time in the evenings to spend time with your family or catch up on other things. It is good for your metabolism to get busy early, and you will feel more positive and energised during the day. You will also have enough time to do all the things you need to in the morning before you start your day.

For Young Husband and I it’s still quite simple. No kidos yet, just the two of us. And he doesn’t eat breakfast or lunch at home as it is provided at work (sad, I know, I don’t get to pack my hubby lunches). But it still gives us enough time to exercise (well, we’re working towards that) and spend some time together in the morning before we head out to work. Even before I started working I would wake up the same time as him and we would do our same routine. It’s good to support your hubby, you can’t let the man get up alone. By the time we have kids one day, I will be so well-trained to be an early riser it will come naturally and I’ll easily be able to provide for my household just like the virtuous wife did.

At the end of the verse it also mentions that a virtuous wife provides a portion for her maidservants. We only recently started to get a lady helping us in our flat once every two weeks. I love our little place and I never mind cleaning and tidying up, but getting a bit of extra help every now and then with the big chores is wonderful. I believe as Christian women and virtuous wives we must treat our maids with love and respect. As much as they help us around the house, we must strive to help them in any way we can. Whether it be kind words, prayer, extra finances, clothes or toys or anything around the house that you don't use anymore, and even friendship.







No comments:

Post a Comment