Tuesday 16 October 2012

Passion 2012 World Tour


On Saturday, the 6th of October 2012, a group of friends and I went to the Passion 2012 World Tour. Together with thousands of other people we made our way to Cape Town Stadium, with our hearts expectant and excited for what was to come.


Passion World Tour - Cape Town Stadium - 6 October 2012



I remember thinking how amazing it was that there were these thousands of believers together in this one place, and how incredible it would be that after this conference, we could and should all stand together and truly live out our salvation. Imagine what huge change that could bring about in the city of Cape Town. So just before we started, I prayed for every single person in the stadium, that their hearts, including my own, would be open, that we would be touched, and that this unity wouldn't be left behind as we leave the stadium later.

Amongst all the people and under the open skies and in the icy wind and cold, I felt completely whole and loved, and so overwhelmed. As the music started and we started singing together, I felt so blessed to be standing where I was and to be able to be at this conference in the first place. The Lord is good, so good and perfect. I absolutely loved praising God together with all those thousands of strangers who felt like family. I realised that while we are all so different we are all the same. Broken and imperfect and lost in this world, and in very desperate need of a gracious and loving Lord. The words of one of the songs we sang, stayed in my heart since Passion:

"Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me, this one thing remains, and on and on and on and on it goes, it overwhelms and satisfies my soul, and I never ever have to be afraid, this one thing remains."

As I sang those words I couldn't stop smiling. I looked up with my arms wide open, and felt His love really so overwhelming. Yes, my emotions were high, but this is definitely not just about experiencing a feeling. It is a fact. God loves us very much.

Louie Giglio, well known for his Indescribable series about the stars and the universe, how great God is and how small we are, loves talking about how God loves us. This definitely shone through in all things that were said and all the songs we sang. God's love is something we will never be able to fully comprehend. Louie read the following verse and then did a bit of a demonstration which absolutely blew me away!

Psalm 148:7-12 {NIV}: "Praise the Lord from the Earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths. Lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding, you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars, wild animals and all cattle, small creatures and flying birds, kings of the Earth and all nations, you princes and all rulers of the Earth, young men and women, old men and children."

(Do note, this video clip is from a different conference, but it was the same demonstration)




WOW! I just cannot get over how cool that is! I actually have no words. Did you get goosebumps like I did?  How great is our God!

I walked away reminded of how incredibly great God is. Jesus Christ and his glory was the prevailing theme for the entire evening and as we left I remembered the words of Jesus in the book of John chapter 12:32 -"And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself." May we never relent in lifting up the name and renown of Christ.

Isaiah 26:8 {ESV}: "In the path of your judgments, O Lord, we wait for You; Your name and remembrance are the desire of our soul."

2 comments:

  1. It was most definately a privilege to have been at their Conference. Durban had the same theme, and although I had seen the Mashup / Symphony message on YouTube a few months ago - it was great to hear it live and with 1000's of others achnowledging and experiencing how truly great our God is. Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an experience of a life-time, all praise and glory be to the King of kings xx

      Delete